Russell Jackson wrote:
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:23:45PM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
Russell Jackson wrote:
[ ... ]
pnpbios: Bad PnP BIOS data checksum
Did you notice this? Try reflashing your motherboard to the latest available BIOS revision, doing a "load defaults", and then clearing and reseting the ESCD.

The box came from Dell with the latest revision already and there hasn't
been a newer one released since. I vaguely remember bringing this up on
the list shortly after the 6.1 release only to be told it was harmless.

I guess I can try reflashing just to be sure.

Thanks,

Is there any way to reorganize or reassign IRQs on modern motherboards? On my 'little' home-/labs's server box one of the SATA II controllers of the nForce4 is sharing IRQ with another device (can't remember, sorry) and ehci() is shared with the nve()/nfe() nForce4 NIC. I remember myself of sophisticated BIOSes (TYAN, e.g.) where someone could assign IRQs to each PCI-X slot.

Regards,
Oliver