Steven Hartland wrote:
Charles Sprickman wrote:
Backing up the 4.10 box was within an acceptable margin of wire
speed (~8MB/s on 100M ethernet) given that a router was in the
middle. That's roughly how the box has always performed.

After installing 6.1_RELEASE and updating to RELENG_6 I started the
restore. Maxed out at about 380kB/s. Now I tested the backup speed
again and it has also dropepd to 380k.

That speed is indicative of a FD / HD mismatch between the switch
and the NIC if its hard coded try setting auto if its auto try
hardcoding. N.B. Ensure both ends are set in the same way i.e. hard/auto
or problems start.
Both are auto and show 100 FD. The switch port stats show zeros on all the
error counters.

Good thinking though. I wouldn't yet rule out an external influence as I
have not performed any in-depth diagnosis of this - but I can't think of
anything obvious aside from the OS upgrade.

-Jamie