On 1/5/07, Eugene Grosbein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 09:56:31AM -0800, pete wright wrote:

> >Tried to use iperf from ports in UDP mode with 64 byte payload,
> >but it calls gettimeofday() after each write and gives me about 80Kpps only
> >for Pentium D 2.8Ghz.
> >
> >What alternative should I use? May be, a netgraph node?
>
> I've done some benchmarking/testing of 10gig-e NIC's using a combo of
> iperf/netgraph and ttcp with good results.  all are available in
> ports.

What pps numbers had you obtained? What CPU had you used?
I don't like iperf for gettimeofday() overhead.

yea that was an issue, hence us using multiple benchmarks to get a
better picture of performance.  sorry can't really get into the
specifics on the hardware/stat's of the benchmark.  used 10gig-e as
example to illustrate that all these utilities functioned well under
heavy tcp and udp loads.

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~