Krzysztof Kowalik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are running an (IRC) server that under high-rate traffic (ie. DDoS
> attack) stops to respond to the network. The network remains locked up
> even after the original attack stops. [...]

And it turns out to be an usual PEBKAC. The system was running out of
mbuf clusters, and after increasing kern.ipc.nmbclusters to a sane value
things started to work as expected again. Since it's usually the first
thing one changes on such a box, we didn't even think of checking it.

Sorry for the noise.

--
() ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/\ Support plain text e-mail