Hi,

I've got some troubles with sata disks (Maxtor DiamondMax 10 160go) : this is the second one I use in less than 1 month.

With the first one, I got more and more ofently TIMEOUT - READ_DMA errors ... so I changed it last week (I thought the disk was broken) ! And now, 10 days after installing the _new_ one, I re-get the sames errors. They appear randomly ...

No log, no debug messages, just TIMEOUT - READ_DMA in dmesg

Is there some tools on FreeBSD to test the SATA controler or the disks ? Some known bugs in drivers ?
Does anyone get the same problem ?

PS : when error occurs, the disk make a "click" !?!?

--
Ivan Kurzweg
Web : http://www.kurzweg.info

BOFH excuse #14: sounds like a Windows problem, try calling Microsoft support