On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Kris Kennaway wrote:

The problem looks like a lack of proper locking during the operations with
clist (specifically, this causes multiple entry to cblock_alloc()).
I'm ready to provide further debugging information on this issue.
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the locking concepts
in modern FreeBSD kernels (and in tty subsystem particularly)
in order to make the fix myself.

...and that's the problem :) You could do this additional work, but
you'd be wasting your time.

  I don't believe that nobody _knows_ how to serialize clist-related work
within ppp(4) properly. I would rather believe that nobody (at least,
among the src-commiters) _cares_ about it. Well, given the presence of
working alternatives to ppp(4), this situation seems to be quite explainable.
OTOH I still think that my PR could be useful in two aspects: 1) it clearly
documents ppp(4) as broken in it's current state so wise people won't use
it in production environment; 2) it can be useful for some hypothetical
courageous person who will try to fix the problem.

Kris

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator