Juergen Nickelsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 11:22:44AM -0500, Sam Baskinger wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming that you installed linux compatibility and then the
>> linux-jdk 1.4? I failed to do that and saw a very similar error a while
>> back. :)
>
> That may well be the case. I assumed the port installed it as a
> dependency, but I didn't really look close. Thanks for the hint!
> I'll report back later.

It was indeed the Linux compatibility bits missing [1], including,
of course, the linprocfs. Why this caused syntax errors while
compiling Java code is beyond me, though.

Thanks for the help!

--
The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts
agree, is by accident.  That's where we come in.  We're computer