On Monday 05 March 2007 08:23, Yar Tikhiy wrote:
= > How will it break them?  swap backing only touches swap if there is
= > memory pressure, i.e. precisely the situation in which malloc backing
= > will panic.
=
= I forgot that in BSD swap wouldn't be allocated in advance to its
= consumers.  Then removing the -M flag and making swap backing the
= default is a very sound choice.  Thank you for correcting me.

Yar, would you change the man-page's advice and the default, then?

Someone still needs to look into the panic... Who would that be?

        -mi