On Mar 13, 2007, at 16:33 , Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 02:58:34PM -0500, Nikolas Britton wrote:
We need to start hounding on AMD to publish the developer
documentation for all radeon chipsets. I for one will not buy any AMD
or ATI components until they decide to fix the problem.

Besides, chances are it's not Meyer who's making these decisions (re:
proprietary hardware / NDA-only documentation), but a few select
individuals at ATI who are fuelled off of paranoia (the most common
defence being fear nVidia/other competitors will "steal their
technology"). Really sounds like the decision of a legal dept. and not
a CEO.

Hounding on AMD won't help right now regardless; they're still finding out what kind of mess they've acquired, making changes to it is a long way off. :)

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED] system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED] electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university KF8NH