Oliver,

Thanks for this excellent article. I was trying to write about the same
thing, but keep it simple enough to improve the chances of it crossing
the language barrier weel enough to be useful. I believe you did a really
good job of this and saved me several minutes of tying to do the same.

I thought the warning in the man page was adequate (until 7.0 changes
the default to swap backed), but, at least in Michael's case, I guess I
was wrong. I guess the man page need to somehow make it clear that the
memory used by malloc backed mds is a very limited resource.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)