"real" transparent proxy provided by Cisco's WCCP with, for example, Squid.
this protocol detects HTTP (and so on) traffic on any port and redirects it
to proxy-server.
same thing (not just permanent redirection of port 80 to proxy but
*DETECTING* HTTP traffic and proxying it) can be achived by TrafficInspector
for Windows.
do you know such thing for *nix systems?
thanx.

2007/4/19, zen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On 19/04/07, zen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> if there is any such thing , i'm willing to be a tester .
>> i will deploy it on my server and enviroment ( live one)
>

> I'm talking to someone about it who has some patches against -current.
> We'll see what can be done.

i'm glad to hear that. can't wait to see and test it !!!!

> Thankfully! The solution for FreeBSD looks doable without having to
> keep NAT state like TPROXY does..

this is GREAT!!!!!!

> Adrian

Regards