Ah, brilliant! Thanks, I knew there was a way like that, but six hours'
googling didn't find it, though I'm sure it was just me being thick! Maybe I
should suggest adding libwww as dependiencies to xfce4, or maybe I shouldn't
just delete ports without making a careful list...

On 27/04/07, Daniel O'Connor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Friday 27 April 2007 20:48, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Oliver Fromme wrote:
>  > Just a small addendum _how_ to find it out:
>  >
>  > $ cd /usr/ports
>  > $ echo */*/pkg-plist | xargs grep libmd5.so.1
>
> I'm very sorry for repeatedly replying to myself, but I
> almost forgot that there's a much faster way to find the
> port which has that library:
>
> http://www.secnetix.de/tools/porgle/
>
> Enter "libmd5.so.1" into the search field, check the
> "packing list" checkbox, and click the "Search" button.

I suspect both of these methods wouldn't help if the plist was
dynamically generated (alas)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum