Vinny Abello wrote:
Oliver Fromme wrote:
Vinny Abello wrote:
 >         I've isolated a problem which appears to be a bug causing packet loss
 > with FreeBSD 6.0 and later on the Dell PowerEdge 2650 servers and the
 > integrated Broadcom BCM5703 NICs.

Have you enabled polling on the interface?

I experienced a similar problem on a HP Proliant DL360
running 6.2-stable (RELENG_6 of a few weeks ago).
The problem disappeared upon "ifconfig bge0 polling".

Best regards
   Oliver

It appears I do not have the DEVICE_POLLING option set when I compiled
my kernel on my one machine and on the second I am just using the
GENERIC kernel. I'll recompile with this option set and try again and
post my results to the list.

Thanks!

Try disabling hardware assisted checksumming. ( ifconfig bge0 -txcsum -rxcsum ).

--
Sten Daniel Soersdal