On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:05:25 -0400
Michael Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for a way to properly manage SpamAssassin after Plesk has
> wreaked havoc on the server.

Hi Michael,
i think this thread doesnt belong in stable@, but questions@ - i dont see how
this refers to one particular version of freebsd in particular.

 > In the short term, we need to keep
> Plesk around for those that need the "ease of use".  However, it
> wants to keep resetting values, etc; meaning that since the Plesk
> license doesn't support "SpamAssassin" it won't allow us to use it
> and wants it to remain that way.  If push comes to shove, I *will*
> blast Plesk.  That said, I need to figure out the proper way to
> enable SpamAssassin and have Qscan work properly, circumventing the
> Plesk activites and licensing limitations.  Does anyone have any
> quality insight into the most up-to-date means for accomplishing this?

Caveat : I only suffer plesk in Linux, but the issues are very similar.

I dont know of any way to bypass the licensing limitations... i strongly
suggest if you walked into those you simply get rid of plesk now.

I am not sure for SA, but there is a version of qscan that supports passing the
email to Clamav:

http://www.hostbird.com/beta/index.php?loc=0602-0602

Maybe there is something out there to support SA? Or simply configure qmail to
support SA - you wont get an interface to manage SA from plesk, but you aren't
missing much, IMHO - most of our users dont care about custom spam/ham , but
rely on the system wide bayes list.

(qmail is another reason to move away from plesk, imho... :( )

_________________________
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Liberty is not a means to a higher political end. It is itself the highest
political end...
liberty is the only object which benefits all alike, and provokes no sincere
opposition...
The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to to govern. Every class is
unfit to govern...
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
   Lord Acton

Warned.