Howard Goldstein wrote this message on Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 17:24 -0400:
> Scott Long wrote:
> >
> > ICH5 only support SATA-1.
> Dang. Does anyone yield SATA-II speeds with the a PCI controller?  I'm
> not sure if 25-30MB/s is even possible with regular PCI

You probably mean 250-300MB/s which is what SATA-II is able to
support, and no, standard 32bit/33Mhz PCI does not support more than
133MB/sec...  You are lucky if you get 110MB/sec due to PCI bus
overhead...  So, SATA-1 can max out a standard PCI bus...  Though many
on mobo sata controllers aren't necessarily connected to a PCI bus,
and so may not be limited...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579