On Sunday, 29. July 2007, Kent Stewart wrote:

> Have you looked at /var/log/messages? I would be surprised if you have
> not had a number of
>
> Jul 27 00:55:32 ruby kernel: re0: watchdog timeout
> Jul 27 00:55:32 ruby kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
> Jul 27 00:55:35 ruby kernel: re0: link state changed to UP

In fact I have and I haven't had any such messages (except link down/up when I
switched rxcsum/txcsum, but that is expected - no watchdog timeouts at all).
I also should mention that the interface never completely goes dead either.

> People have complained a long time ago and basically given up on getting
> it fixed.

I saw that yongari@ has been busy trying to brush up re(4) recently, that's
why I thought I'd pipe up. :)

Cheers,
--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | [EMAIL PROTECTED]