On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Pieter de Goeje wrote:

On Saturday 04 August 2007, Sean C. Farley wrote:
On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Pieter de Goeje wrote:

*snip*

There's also another regression in less: it doesn't automatically
repaint the screen anymore when you resize the terminal.

I have already reported that regression to Mark Nudelman.  He is
looking into an appropriate fix since this regression was introduced
when fixing another bug.

Hmm I wonder what that other bug might have been...
If I look at signal.c I see two signal handlers for things related to
window changes. One for SIGWINCH and one for SIGWIND. The "if(reading)
intread();" statement was removed from the SIGWINCH handler. If
removing that statement fixed the other bug why wasn't it removed from
SIGWIND's handler? Does SIGWIND have different semantics?

Anyway, re-adding "if(reading) intread();" to signal.c:96 makes it
work again, but I wonder what I broke by doing that.

Yes, that is the fix for the resizing.

This is the bug in question[1]:
    Fix bug when resizing the window while waiting for input from a
    pipe.

Sean
  1. http://www.greenwoodsoftware.com/less/news.406.html
--