A suggestion, take the relevant files from my em driver and put
them back into the kernel tree that was working on 10/1, it should
be compatible. Then see if it breaks that kernel. Or if you'd prefer
I can just email the tar ball for the Intel version of 6.6.6, you can
disable the in-kernel em driver, and build the other and use that
with the 10/1 kernel.

Let me know what you'd prefer.

Jack