Hi, David--

On Oct 17, 2007, at 4:03 PM, David Yeske wrote:
Is there a way to determine the supported interface speed of a
particular driver?  If I have a gigabit ethernet device connected to a
100baseTX switch, how can I determine the interface supports gigabit
ethernet?  I have tried parsing the following.  Is there a cleaner way
to do this?

Perhaps you want the "ifconfig -m _interface_" command, as in:

# ifconfig -m bge0
bge0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        options=1a<TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING>
        capability list:
                =1a<TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING>
        ether 00:b0:d0:e1:92:a1
        media: Ethernet autoselect (none)