On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:43:32 +0100
Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I don't ever remember getting this error before. I am pretty sure i'm using
> > only binaries built on this machine for 7.0... have I missed anything?
> > what's the cause of this error?
> >
> > FWIW, I have compat6x installed
>
> You missed the "portupgrade -fa" step of the upgrade from 6.x to 7.x.
> Those errors come from binaries linked to both 6.x and 7.x libraries.

Hi Kris,
thanks for the explanation. I don't think I did that, as this is a 100% clean
install of 7,but maybe I bungled it somewhere.

is there a way to know what is cross linked? should I get rid of compat6x?

thanks,
Beto

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

Warned.