Jan Srzednicki wrote:
On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 10:22:08AM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
Jan Srzednicki wrote:
Hello,
I have a pair of hosts. One of them performs a massive amount of
TCP connections to the other one, all to the same port. This setup
mostly works fine, but from time to time (that varies, from once a
minute to one a half an hour), the connect(2) syscall fails with EADDRINUSE. The connection rate tops to 50 connection
so, what does netstat -aAn show?

How can I get any usable information from netstat? It shows a bunch of
connections, of course, but since connect(2) failed, I have no idea what
local port I was trying to use.
but you can get an idea of the local socket distribution, and what state all
the sockets are in  (TIME_WAIT etc).

And, what I forgot to mention, it's a SMP box, which could matter in
case of some race condition.

hopefully not.