On Jan 2, 2008, at 8:26 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

My gut feeling is that it's not an architecture issue but more an
interoperability issue between the Nagios threading code and the libpthread()
threading library.

As noted in my original report, this isn't a nagios issue per se ... my first experience with this issue was with Azureus/java ... so its a 'threading issue
in general' ...

For years now I've been running with libthr as the default threading library as set in libmap.conf. The *only* issue I've run into is with Java, and that requires libpthread. So my libmap.conf looks like this, and everything works really well (including Nagios, mysql, etc.)

--cut here--
# use libthr instead of pthread lib
libpthread.so.2         libthr.so.2
libpthread.so           libthr.so

# JDK HotSpot compiler fails randomly with libthr.
[java]
libpthread.so                   libpthread.so
libpthread.so.2                 libpthread.so.2
--cut here--