Royce Williams wrote:
s3raphi wrote, on 1/18/2008 12:19 PM:
I am trying to run freebsd-update on 7.0-RC1 on a system with a ZFS root and
am also having problems with flags:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# freebsd-update install
Installing updates...chflags: ///lib/libc.so.7: Operation not supported

Is there a workaround for this?

Since all of my filesystems on my 7.0 system are ZFS, I've been making a copy of freebsd-update with the "chflag" calls commented out. Since ZFS doesn't support flags yet, this is harmless.

If any of your primary filesystems are not ZFS, this is not a good solution.

If you go this route, you'll have to watch for changes to freebsd-update and reapply them.

I expect that once ZFS is no longer considered experimental, freebsd-update will have a way to handle this.

Royce

Probably chflags failure should not be treated as a fatal error. NFS / would have the same failure mode.

Kris