David E. Thiel wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 08:30:17PM +0200, Teemu Korhonen wrote:
Did anyone find a solution to the "jerky mouse" -problem? It still exists in 7.0-RELEASE.

I experienced some relief from this by switching my single-CPU system
to use hyperthreading, and using an SMP kernel. On dual-core machines,
it never seems to be a problem for me.

Interesting. I have just source upgraded world and kernel to 7.0 (Actually 7-STABLE), and I am *not* seeing any jerky mouse issues - in fact the desktop experience is if anything better than in 6-STABLE. My system is SMP (2 CPUs, not dual core) - so SMP could be a factor.

However I have yet to rebuild userland (X, Gnome etc) - so it will be interesting to see if that makes any difference.

Cheers

Mark