--On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 18:09:16 +1100 Peter Jeremy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 09:16:25PM -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:
Earlier I reported usb problems on this list.  Since then I have recompiled
the kernel and world three times, each time including the latest changes in
src.

Just to humour me, can you try using a UP kernel and see if the problem
still occurs.  I have bumped into problems with umass on my son's SMP
laptop which don't show up on my UP laptop.

Hmmm....I might be willing to try that toward the end of the week. Since this is my main workstation, I hestitate to take if offline during the week. (Just in case something goes horribly wrong.)

--
Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Information Security Analyst