On 2008.03.28. 23:59, Vince wrote:
Attila Nagy wrote:
Hello,

I have some jails running on ZFS, so I have to mount devfs's into them.

For this purpose, I have some similar lines in /etc/fstab:
devfs   /pool/jail/ldap/dev           devfs   rw      0       0

Where /pool is a ZFS filesystem.

I'm not sure if it will have any adverse effects but changing this to
devfs   /pool/jail/ldap/dev           devfs   rw,late      0       0

Will probably fix it. My guess is that the error checking correction in the latest version in -stable picked up an error that was being incorrectly ignored before.
see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/mountcritlocal.diff?only_with_tag=RELENG_7&r1=text&tr1=1.14.2.2&r2=text&tr2=1.14
which i believe is the MFC for
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1314016+1316331+/usr/local/www/db/text/2008/cvs-all/20080309.cvs-all

Although I cant seen a commit message in cvsweb (i'm still learning that though :)
Yes, late works around the problem, thanks.