Hi all,

I'm running FreeBSD 7.0 on a home file server that holds, among a bunch of other stuff, my music collection. I occasionally hook up my iPod Video (5.5) to charge and to synchronize files using rsync; I've got Rockbox (http://www.rockbox.org/) running on the iPod. For as long as I've had 7 running on the server (about a year), everything has been fine. However, after a recent Rockbox update, the server reports a kernel panic when I plug in the iPod. I think that this is related to some changes on the rsync end, specifically their "New USB stack with limited capability". It would be great to get this combination working again, and I'm wondering what information would be most useful if anyone wanted to take a crack at the problem. I'm working on getting a scratch box together for testing purposes so that I can avoid taking down my server. Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Dave