Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
    I use this patch for sbin/geom/class/mirror/geom_mirror.c

    Change:
     md.md_priority = i - 1;
    To:
     md.md_priority = i - 1 + 100;

I hate to ask for the "right" solution, but shouldn't we be patching the gmirror userland to accept a priority argument to label and make the kernel part listen to that? This patch does make sense --- but it doesn't go far enough.

Also, it seems sensible that you should be able to modify the priority values of a running disk.

Both of those are good ideas. But for years, no one can be bothered making a patch. At least my patch is only one line, and solves 90% of the problem, and still no one can be bothered committing it.

Maybe we should apply my patch for now, until someone works on the rest.

- Andrew