1. I have a realtek network card and am using a cable modem router.  Does
anyone know if fixes for problems with these (see below) have been backported
from HEAD to RELENG_7?
2. Is this a good time to upgrade to RELENG_7?
3. I read a post last week that advised that 7.1 is a long way off.  Appreciate
any advice on use of ULE 3.0 and ZFS prior to 7.1 and a comment on what is
holding up 7.1.
Thanks

>From FreeBSD 7.0 errata notes:

[20080229] Instances of packet corruption and instability have been observed
with the re(4) network driver. Some users have reported that using a newer
version of this driver (on HEAD) has solved their problems, or at least
mitigated them.
  [20080229] A change in the way that FreeBSD sends TCP options has been
reported to cause odd interactions with some cable modem routers. While this
issue is still under investigation, a change has been committed to HEAD that
returns the option processing to that of FreeBSD 6. So far, this change has
shown some promising results.