On Fri, 23 May 2008 09:37:01 +0300
Andriy Gapon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> But, by the way, there is a (slightly) more valid reason to want to
> >> create a directory under /dev, I recently had it. For one non-standard
> >> third-party application I needed to create a link to existing device in
> >> a certain subdirectory. I.e.:
> >> /dev/subdirX/device -> /dev/deviceX
> >> And I couldn't do that.
> >> Or maybe link operation for devfs just needs to be taught about creating
> >> subdirectories on demand. I don't know.
> >
> > you can create links with devfs - man devfs.conf
> > [...]
> > link    This action creates a symbolic link named arg that points to
> >              devname, the name of the device created by devfs(5).
> > [..]
>
> I do know that.
> Maybe I wasn't clear enough: "/dev/deviceX" was existing device node and
> I needed to create "/dev/subdirX/device" link, where directory
> "/dev/subdirX" didn't exist.
> Any help on this?

Not sure, but like someone mentioned parts of the system create this (geom?) .
you can check its code to see how its done.

good luck,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Commitment is active, not passive. Commitment is doing whatever you can to
bring about the desired result. Anything less is half-hearted.

Warned.