On Jun 25, 2008, at 3:46 AM, Peter Wemm wrote:
No.  Why on earth would we do that?  if we wanted to cause ourselves
that much pain for no good reason, we'd go get a pencil and stab
ourselves in the eye.

We don't upgrade machines that have been deployed unless there is a
good reason to.

This makes sense. But for personal curiosity sake, what if Yahoo needed to stick with supported FreeBSD releases? How would you deal with updating that many machines every 12 months?

Would that be possible in your business?

--
Jo Rhett