On Jul 11, 2008, at 4:48 AM, Ronald Klop wrote:
You can try going into the kernel debugger to see where it is hanging. Debugging via a serial cable is also very easy. I don't know the details, but there is a lot of info in the Freebsd handbook. Put this in google 'freebsd handbook kernel debug'.

Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with these options, but as the system is currently running GENERIC and trying to compile a kernel would guarantee to cause the problem to occur... I could probably keep hacking at it until I finally get everything compiled, but...

Ugh. I guess this option doesn't appeal very much. Are there any other options available?

--
Jo Rhett