Kostik Belousov wrote:
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 09:52:45PM +0200, Kris Kennaway wrote:
Kostik Belousov wrote:
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 01:16:39PM -0400, Michael toth wrote:
I had someone run a Dell Diags CD on the machine and it passed all tests.

Before that it core'd again; here is the backtrace from that one.

Is there any other want (maybe in freebsd) to test the hardware better? and/or should I submit a bug report for this?
Sure, you can submit bug report. From my POV, there is actually no
data to resolve it.
i.e. you should have no expectation that anyone else will be able to resolve it either.
Why ?!

This was directed to Michael, sorry.

Kris

Note that diagnostics can tell you when a machine has failed, but can never tell you when a machine is working perfectly.

Kris

You may use memtest86 (Google for it) for memory/chipset/cpu cache
test.