On Aug 13, 2008, at 5:24 PM, Tom Evans wrote:

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 16:56 +0200, Borja Marcos wrote:
Personally, I find PHP far too troublesome to run threaded. These days,
I use an event MPM based front-end apache 2.2, which reverse proxies to
either a prefork MPM apache 2.2 with mod_<insert scripting lang>, or
directly connect to a fastcgi instance. Serve all your static content
from the front-end, and it's all quite fast - plus you can scale out
much much more simply.

That's what I've done finally, using threaded Apache with mod_fcgid. I've seen that PHP is not ready to be used as a module in a multithreaded Apache. Now it's working great, and, indeed, the multithread Apache instances can serve all the static content (images, etc) blazingly fast.

Thank you very much,

Borja.