Satendra Pratap wrote:
Reposting on stable mailing list(FreeBSD 6.X):

 We have chelsio T304 1 Gig card which supports Fiber SFP. I have already
 asked from chelsio guys for its Driver support on FreeBSD and still
 waiting for reply. Just wondering if anybody could let me know about
 T304's Driver support on FreeBSD 6.x .

 One more question, because we use third party SFPs (finsar, picolight
 etc) so do we need to download SFP's drivers also or NIC (Ethernet MAC)
vendor's
 device driver should already have that support?

Thanks,
Satendra
If it's supported, it's been supported by 6.x since 6.3 according to the cxgb(4) man page. I couldn't cross-reference "T304" on the chelsio web site, but perhaps
it's based on the T3 chipset and will "just work" :)

Follow the instructions in the man page with a BSD 6.3 machine to see if it works.

If it doesn't, please repost the output of lspci -v here so we can see if it's a card
that should work, but doesn't.

--
Sean Bruno
MiraLink Corporation