On 09/26/08 11:59, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:46:28AM +0200, Tobias Roth wrote:
On 09/25/08 15:14, Andreas Rudisch wrote:
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:49:42 +0200
Tobias Roth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

heh, that should be RELENG_7.
Update your source tree again and clean up the build dirs.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html#Q23.4.14.6.

Could be caused by some left overs from a previous build.
That didn't work. What else could I try?

Did you rm -fr /usr/obj/* before rebuilding world?  "That didn't work"
is too ambiguous.

I followed the above URL and did what was suggested there. So "That didn't work" was refering to

# chflags -R noschg /usr/obj/usr
# rm -rf /usr/obj/usr
# cd /usr/src
# make cleandir
# make cleandir

The build is failing because it claims ICONV_CONST is undefined.

ICONV_CONST is found here:

$ grep -r ICONV_CONST /usr/src/contrib/tcsh /usr/src/bin/csh
/usr/src/contrib/tcsh/config.h.in:#undef ICONV_CONST
/usr/src/contrib/tcsh/configure:#define ICONV_CONST $am_cv_proto_iconv_arg1
/usr/src/contrib/tcsh/sh.func.c:    ICONV_CONST char *src;
/usr/src/bin/csh/config.h:#define ICONV_CONST const

src/bin/csh/config.h declares it.

The proper include files are only included if HAVE_ICONV is declared,
which it is (in src/bin/csh/Makefile), as you can see from -DHAVE_ICONV.

Nothing seems to be wrong here really.

You might have to end up giving someone access to your box to solve this
problem.

That will not be possible.

I'll wipe out /usr/src as well and re-cvsup, then build from single user mode for minimal intervention by shells and environments and see whether that might help.

Thanks,
Tobias

--
Tobias Roth   ||   http://fsck.ch   ||   PGP: 0xCE599B4D