On 2008-Oct-15 21:37:36 +0100, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Peter, there was a bug causing dump to hang (completely unrelated to
>UFS2 snapshot generation) merged to RELENG_7 a month or so ago.  Can you
>try updating?

Well, dump wasn't hanging, rather it was hanging the rest of the system.
In any case, I have upgraded to a recent -stable and am no longer able
to reproduce the problem.

I have built myself a looping 'ps -axl' which should let me gather more
information if it does re-appear.  (In the process, I've found that ps
leaks memory, though that's not a problem until you wrap it in a loop).

--
Peter Jeremy