On Oct 24, 2008, at 6:21 PM, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
| By Jo Rhett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|                                          [ 2008-10-24 21:13 +0200 ]
On Oct 22, 2008, at 9:27 PM, Milan Obuch wrote:
I did not investigate on this issue too much, but there is an
workaround -
copy older /boot/loader over newer one. In my case, I am rebuilding
whole
world often, and now /boot/loader seems to not build correctly for
me. Older
one is ~ 250 kB, rebuilt will be ~ 185 kB, and freezes.

6.4's boot loader is 221k
6.3's boot loader is 217k

Copying 6.3 boot loader to the 6.4 solved the keyboard lockup problem,
but it still panics during the boot.  At last now I get the entire
panic to the serial console so I can cut/paste.

There are known problems with some BIOSes and "USB Legacy" support.
Said BIOS option allows a USB keyboard and mouse to be emulated as PS/2 for operating systems which lack a USB stack, such as MS-DOS -- and more
importantly, bootloaders!  The FreeBSD bootloader only understands
AT/PS2 keyboards, which is why that BIOS option is needed.

Not related to Aragon's problem with a USB keyboard, but in my case the keyboard is USB and there are no USB devices at all plugged in.

--
Jo Rhett