Ryan skrev:
Hello, I purchased a new Clevo M860TU on the account that it ran linux
very well and was hoping it would fair the same on FreeBSD. Not so
much, little help? I posted this in mobile originally but though
stable would be a better choice. Don't know if it is more appropriate
here or ACPI.

I'm giving you as much information as I know how to get. as I cannot
get sysinstall to load I am having to type all these dmesg. The boot
process is hanging. This is all with 7.x, I can give 6.x if needed.

Hardware:
Intel P9500
4gb DDR3-1066
Nvidia 9800M GT
Atheros AR5006e

FreeBSD 7.1-BETA2

These snippets of dmesg happen around the end where it hangs.

cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
ACPI Error (dsopcode-0350): No pointer back to NS node in buffer obj
0xc6a02d40 [20070320]
ACPI Exception (dswexec-0556): AE_AML_INTERNAL, While resolving
operands for [OpcodeName unavailable] [20070320]
ACPI Error (psparse-0626): Method parse/execution failed
[\_PR_.CPU0._OSC] (Node 0xc68556e0), AE_AML_INTERNAL
est0: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0
p4tcc0: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu0
cpu1: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
ACPI Error (dsopcode-0350): No pointer back to NS node in buffer obj
0xc6a0e300 [20070320]
ACPI Exception (dswexec-0556): AE_AML_INTERNAL, While resolving
operands for [OpcodeName unavailable] [20070320]
ACPI Error (psparse-0626): Method parse/execution failed
[\_PR_.CPU1._OSC] (Node 0xc685560), AE_AML_INTERNAL
est1: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu1
p4tcc1: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu1
cpu0: Cx states changed
cpu1: Cx states changed
unknown: timeout waiting for read DRQ
unknown: timeout waiting for read DRQ
acd0: DVDR <Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560S/SX01> at ata3-master UDMA33
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider acd0 is iso9660/FreeBSD_Install
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 120 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 180 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 240 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config

Disabling firewire completely in BIOS might at least get the machine booting. You should try that if you haven't already. I've seen this problem on at least two different systems...

--
Joel