On 02.01.2014 15:22, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
Heloo and Happy New Year!

On 24.11.2013 07:54, David Chisnall wrote:
On 23 Nov 2013, at 22:11, Pedro Giffuni<p...@freebsd.org>  wrote:

I have particular interest in -fwritable-strings
and the block support, mostly with the idea of making our gcc
somewhat more compatible to clang.
I would absolutely love to see our GCC have blocks support.  It would be very
nice to be able to use blocks in libc.

It took me a while and I still have to do more review, but I finally have a patch for blocks support in gcc

http://people.freebsd.org/~pfg/patches/gcc/gcc-blocks.patch

(this only applies against -current for now)

Forgot to mention ...

I also have a patch to add support for "private extern" and while libdispatch can use them, it looks like that it is deprecated in favor of the visibility attributes so I don't have plans to commit it.

I started patches for pascal strings and writable strings but they cause segfaults and are also officially deprecated so I won't be doing those either.

Other than those, Apple has some bug fixes and support for more warnings that are also available in clang. Not sure if I want to spend more time in gcc though :-P.

Regards,

Pedro.