On 14 Aug 2017, at 19:41, Shawn Webb <shawn.w...@hardenedbsd.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 07:38:28PM +0200, Dimitry Andric wrote:

>>> Hey Johannes,
>>>
>>> It looks like contrib/llvm/lib/DebugInfo/DWARF/DWARFDebugPubTable.cpp
>>> isn't included in the Makefile for usr.bin/lld.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if the lib/DebugInfo/DWARF files should be included in
>>> usr.bin/lld/Makefile. dim@, could you verify?
>>
>> Those files are already in lib/clang/libllvm/Makefile.  How can this
>> particular error be reproduced?  I just did a fresh clone of hardenedbsd
>> master, and it built just fine for me, with an empty make.conf and
>> src.conf.
>
> Johannes is trying to build ports-mgmt/pkg in HardenedBSD
> 12-CURRENT/amd64, where MK_LLD_IS_LD is default to yes. If you use the
> HardenedBSD ports tree, ports-mgmt/pkg is patched to allow a configure
> argument to enable SafeStack for pkg(8) and pkg-static(8)
> (--enable-safestack).
>
> Reproduction steps:
>
> 1. Install HardenedBSD 12-CURRENT/amd64
> 2. Fetch HardenedBSD's ports tree
> 3. Attempt to build ports-mgmt/pkg

I don't see why pkg is trying to build lld?  It's just a package
management tool.  Or are you building some sort of jail, e.g. in
poudriere?

For me, it's easiest to have a reproduction scenario where I can build
either FreeBSD head or HardenedBSD master, with some specific src.conf
settings.  So maybe MK_LLD_IS_LD would cause this problem?

-Dimitry