On Sunday 08 February 2009, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Freebsd-usb.
>
>   I have some interesting device: USB2 4xSerial controller. It is
> based on MosChip 7840 chip, and provided with very ugly driver for
> FreeBSD 6/7 (open source!)
>
>  I'm rewriting and cleanup driver right now, and want ot commit it to
> FreeBSD source tree.
>
>  But as far as I understand, old-framework based driver is not actual
> for -CURRENT, and I need to provide version for new framework too.
>
>  Is here any documentation on new (and old, to be honest) USB
> framework API?
>
>   http://wiki.freebsd.org/USB doesn't give any useful information for
> developer.

Hi,

The only guide is to look at exisiting USB serial port drivers. With regard to
MosChip there already exits a umoscom2.c

The latest files which have not been merged into current can be found here:

http://perforce.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/usb/src/sys/dev/usb2/serial&HIDEDEL=NO

Or here:

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
      checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/i4b/src/sys/dev/usb2

Is your device multi port or single port?

It should be quite trivial to make a device driver for a serial port device.

--HPS