Hello Trevor,

* Trevor Blackwell <t...@tlb.org> wrote:
> I can't seem to find a way to match USB serial ports & tty names. I
> have two serial USB devices, which I can distinguish easily from
> "usbconfig show_ifdrv"
>
>       <snip>
>
> and they result in two ttys:
>       /dev/cuaU0
>       /dev/cuaU1

Be sure to keep in mind: the `real' TTY devices are ttyU0 and ttyU1. The
cua* devices are callout devices, which unlike the tty* devices don't
wait for a carrier detect signal during open().

My opinion is that the USB serial driver shouldn't use a bitmask to keep
track of which unit number are available, because we've got a nice KPI
for that:

        http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=new_unrhdr

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question. Hopefully Hans can. ;-)

Cheers,
--
 Ed Schouten <e...@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/