Hi Hans,

That is not true. Search Google for cuse4bsd :-)
  If that is not desirable, we

Looks promising. When will cuse4bsd be in the ports/8.0 release base system?

Just an idea:

Maybe we can import the linux-js driver into the webcamd framework? Could you have a look at it. Then the code changes will be minimal!

Well - the name is a bit missleading. linux-js is a native bsd driver which creates a device that behaves like a linux joystick device. But maybe the original linux joystick driver could be ported with the webcamd framework. At least this would support much more devices and maybe also force feedback. Is there some documentation about webcamd or can you give me a short overview what the basic steps are to port a linux driver with the framework?

Thank you,
 Martin L.