 With pleasure

On 30 Mar 2010, at 22:45, Andrew Thompson <thom...@freebsd.org> wrote:

On 30 March 2010 23:11, Arseny Nasokin <eir...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 30 Mar 2010, at 08:00, Andrew Thompson <thom...@freebsd.org> wrote:

The following reply was made to PR usb/145184; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Thompson <thom...@freebsd.org>
To: Gnats <bug-follo...@freebsd.org>
Cc: Eir Nym <eir...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: usb/145184: GENERIC can't mount root from USB on Asus EEE
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:54:10 +1300

Kernel doesn't see any USB disks (HDD and flash) on boot. After reinsert flash disk, kernel see device, but can't mount root from it (doesn't
list
it as possible boot GEOM). This problem is only on my EEE. desktop
computer bootup well.

You can set kern.cam.boot_delay=4 in /boot/loader.conf in order to boot.

I've tried up set this value up to 10-15. This is not work. I also tryed put
this option in defaults/loader.conf to test

It may be in milliseconds, try 4000.

Andrew

Obviously, it doesn't work. I've found patch in same issue kern/144824 but it doesn't work also :(

Grep finds this tunable int in xpt(4) device, not in da(4) or pass(4). _______________________________________________