On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 18:46:22 -0600
Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you mean USB subsystem infrastructure, or something more
> far-reaching?
>
> It seems to me that it's SO close to being functional; in fact, I've
> taken to not loading any USB drivers at all on my notebook, which
> seems to be the only "reliable" way of using suspend/resume -- that's
> not to say that it's perfect, but Pretty Good(TM).
>
> Also, If we could round-up the various sysctl settings and document
> them in one place([1] or [2]), I imagine many users would have
> suspend/resume as a workable feature, at least on amd64...

It appears very close on some machines, but far away on others. For
example my laptop suspends/resumes with VGA once if the nvidia driver
is running, but panics when shutting down after that, and attempting to
suspend another time results in a reboot. Other people say that
suspending doesn't work at all. I think there's a lot of work other
than in the USB stack that needs done before it's going to be reliable
for everyone.

I believe there's a wiki page being created with a list of issues that
need resolved.

--
Bruce Cran