One of PC peripheral parts makers BUFFALO (a.k.a Melco) sells
USB-base Wifi client called "WLI-UC-GN" that's cheap and
reasonable to change old-PC to Wifi-able PC.

  http://buffalo.jp/products/catalog/network/wli-uc-gn/

And we have its entry in sys/dev/usb/usbdevs already.

% grep WLI-UC-GN /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs
product MELCO WLIUCGN           0x015d  WLI-UC-GN
%

I don't know well the policy of usbdevs file entry, so
please tell me if you know something around this topics.

A FreeBSD user using WLI-UC-GN realized that it has
another idProduct number of usbdevs. He says it has 0x014f.
For test, he bought another "WLI-UC-GN" device and found
that it says it has 0x015d. Fortunately I have "WLI-UC-GN",
and my device's idProduct is 0x015d.

>From some reports, it seems that early model of "WLI-UC-GN"
has 0x014f, and after BUFFALO changed its chip and it says
0x015d.  In this case, what should we do?  Can we insert a
line as follow to sys/dev/usb/usbdevs or not?

product MELCO WLIUCGN           0x014f  WLI-UC-GN

--
Daichi GOTO