On 10/28/13 10:05, Aurélien Croc de Suray wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is this some kind of cheap clone, hence Prolofic is spelled wrong?
>
> It seems the company name is spelled wrong since the vendor ID corresponds to
> Prolific Technology Inc.:
>
> # usbconfig -u 2 -a 3 dump_device_desc
> ugen2.3: <IEEE-1284 Controller Prlific Technology Inc.> at usbus2, cfg=0
> md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON (100mA)
>
>    bLength = 0x0012
>    bDescriptorType = 0x0001
>    bcdUSB = 0x0100
>    bDeviceClass = 0x0000
>    bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000
>    bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000
>    bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0008
>    idVendor = 0x067b
>    idProduct = 0x2305
>    bcdDevice = 0x0200
>    iManufacturer = 0x0001  <Prlific Technology Inc.>
>    iProduct = 0x0002  <IEEE-1284 Controller>
>    iSerialNumber = 0x0000  <no string>
>    bNumConfigurations = 0x0001
>

>> Else there are two printer port devices:
>> /dev/ulptX and /dev/unlptX
>> Did you try both?
>
> It is the  same with /dev/unlptx..
>

>> Can you show a USB dump while opening these devices.
>
> You'll find three attached files representing the dump of the usb activity when
> I plug in the device, when I open and try to read on ulpt0 and unlpt0.

Hi,

You can try to edit the "sys/dev/usb/serial/ulpt.c" driver and remove the reading of the status message. I think your device might be counterfeit, given the bad spelling of the manufacturer. This string comes from the device itself. The one that is supplied with FreeBSD is spelled correctly:

> grep -ri prolif /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs
vendor PROLIFIC        0x067b    Prolific Technology
vendor PROLIFIC2    0x5372    Prolific Technologies

--HPS