On 03/19/18 21:13, Vincenzo Di Salvo wrote:
Thanks.

I have read the usbdump man page ... and I know that is wireshark is able to
sniff usb traffic.

My problem is how to detect the bit that increment the counter (always that the
chip of the usb drive allows a such action).

Hi,

I think you misunderstand what USB is. USB is a protocol. A processor runs on the USB device replying to this protocol. There is no direct hardware access. You need to ask the manufacturer which USB request returns the counter you are asking for.

--HPS

Again: I kindly contact you to know if someone of the list has already done
this test, if he can address me on the right street among the numerous
informations shown by wireshark or usbdump.

Tutorials weblink are appreciated (if they exist).

Regards.

Vincenzo.