On 27.09.2017 05:11, Mike Andrews wrote:
>> This is the USB read transfer. The other side is not returning any
>> data, so neither is "cu" printing anything. Maybe you can try to get a
>> similar trace from the system where it works?
>>
>> Looks to me like some kind of protocol error, that the Cisco USB
>> serial console needs some kind of activation.
>
> Took me a few days to get around to getting usbmon going on Linux.  The
> verbose dump is too large for the list, so:
>
>    https://www.bit0.com/tmp/usbmon-ciscoasa-verbose.txt
>    https://www.bit0.com/tmp/usbmon-ciscoasa.txt

Hi,

did you find some solution? It seems this device still doesn't work with
recent FreeBSD.
I found how it should work on linux:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-architecture-documents/cisco-console-connection-via-usb-serial/ta-p/3163540

And it seems in Linux it is handled by generic CDC ACM driver without
any quirks. So, I think the problem is with our umodem(4) or ucom(4)
driver.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov